Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Idea for Xbox Adaptive controller

Hello everyone , my name is Luis , I am cerebral palsy disabled. As a consequence of this I´m not playing confortable with the common pad. I know about Xbox adaptive controller but in my case I think that I have an idea better for people like me . Let me tell you my idea:

My main problem is use the buttons and controllers in horizontal , like a common pad, because you have to press the buttons fast , and that is a huge problem because i can´t move my hand and my fingers fast in this position, so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Xbox - Adaptive Controller & Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Narrator verbosity to be customized

Narrator verbosity options should be extremely customizable by the user. For example, allow users to specify how different controls are read. This could include things such as speaking the control type before the name, after it, not at all, etc. This would be very useful for speeding up efficiency. Here are just a few examples.

Narrator could speak the status of a checkbox before announcing the name and/or the fact it was a checkbox. This would make navigating groups of checkboxes really efficient because you would hear something like this. "checked Enable Narrator checkbox" or just "checked enable Narrator" if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cortana please answer with help when a mental health red flag is typed in????

If a mental health or suicide phrase is typed in, could Cortana flag it or suggest helpful resources like a public service? For example, when I typed in, "Cortana Im losing my mind" the first results were really negative including the phrase "kill ****self". Instead, Cortana could show mental and suicide prevention resources. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Microsoft Office 365 videos on YouTube

We are so thankful for all that Microsoft is doing to make accessibility at the forefront of all of your products! They are amazing. We have noticed, however, that your videos are not able to be followed by folks who are blind because there is little to no spoken word. Because I present on best practices in teaching and using your technology around our university campus, I feel I cannot incorporate your videos into those presentations because they go against the principles of inclusive design. Could you please look into these? I like your videos because they are short and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Request for OCR in Narrator on the Xbox

Many blind gamers are streaming the Xbox screen to the computer through the Xbox app in Windows 10, and run OCR on the picture from the Xbox to read menus in games out loud. It would be fantastic if Narrator on the Xbox could do OCR on the screen in games, so blind gamers can get menus and other kind of text read out loud directly on the Xbox, instead of streaming the screen to a pc to run OCR on the screen.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve accuracy and functionality of speech recognition

The accuracy of speech recognition appears to be coming up again and again.

I spent £450 on a new laptop, hoping that the accuracy would be excellent compared to google. Clear and so disappointed and frustrated that I had considered the facts that I still have enough time to return the laptop to the shop and change it for an Ipad. I have cerebral palsy and injured my hands four years ago and they have not recovered due to spasticity.

Maybe speech recognition could be improved by using some of the most commonly used commands in the training section as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New Version

A better Magnifier!
    The program "Magic" by Freedom Scientific has been a much more versatile and powerful "magnifier" that the windows one! I have used it for 6 years and it is GREAT. Only problem is that with the rate of "UPDATES from MS, the have stopped supporting, updating or improving problems caused by MS UPDATES Latest MS updates cause screen jumping and/or freezing!! FIX IT!!! I need it!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatic arrangement of windows when moved to the edge of the screen

Option to disable automatic arrangement of windows separately for mouse control and keyboard control. I would like to be able to arrange windows by keyboard-shortcuts while I do not want the windows to be arranged when I move them by mouse (accidently) to the edges.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I AM VERY ANGRY AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET HELP FOR 2 YEARS

I have an email account that I have been locked out of. So getting no help I did what it said and opened a new account. I now have 5 email accounts that I can't use to log in.
    I AM BLIND, I AM IN A WHEELCHAIR, MOBILITY AND FLEXIBILITY IS BEYOND HARD. I HAVE DIFFICULTY WITH MEMORY FROM A COMA I WAS PLACED IN TO SAVE MY LIFE.
    Sir/Madam my nurse is writing this for me. NO ONE WILL HELP. It goes around and around in a loop and this is the only place to put it.
    It happens…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. can you give me an email address please I am Meredih Allan, President of ISAAC, (president@isaac-online.org) We ant someone to do a webi

can you give me an email address please I am Meredih Allan, President of ISAAC, (president@isaac-online.org) We want someone to do a webinar for us- mainly on Skype accessibility catered especially for our demographic.... see www.issac-online.org thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Windows 10 Build 1809 - File Explorer Right-Click-Menu Problem

I've been everywhere. Feedback Hub, Reddit, Microsoft Accessibility/Support-based accounts on Twitter, Disabled Help Desk. Can we please give this problem some real-world attention by someone who can actually help?

As of Windows 10 Build 1809 - The registry fix of setting "ImmersiveContextMenu" to "0", located at "Computer\HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FlightedFeatures", no longer has any effect in disabling the new 'immersive context menu'.

Windows shell has the new style, including desktop, file explorer and open dialog boxes in all applications. Why is this a problem? Why was I previously using a registry tweak to remove the new immersive context menu? Just look…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft Translator

I have just been introduced to Microsoft Translator. It would be amazing if it had the capability to speak the translation of the photo. From what I can see online and in playing with the app on my phone, it only translates it.

This could be helpful for people who are not literate in their native language, have print disabilities, or who have low or no vision.
    If I have missed this capability, please direct me to how to do this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dark Webpages and all content dark with lighter color fonts and characters

For the Love of Humans with limited visual acuity, please please, spare us the agony of staring at glaring white background webpages in Edge, glaring white pages in Word, even glaring white backgounds in google Play store, I remember Dark Black Windows 8.1 Mobile, and even Windows 10 all dark,which was so awesome, especially for someone like me, who has acuity restrictions and work late hours, the so called night shift owls like us love colors gentle, but easy to discern, in Chrome,VEdge I can download extensions, but that is the longer way round just give us a universal Dark…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Archive outlook webinar

It appears that you have an outlook webinar that ran in mid October. Can you please put it into the archive so those of us that Missed it can watch it? Thank you for doing these webinars. They are very helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow speak selection in OneDrive to PDFs created with office lens

iOS speak selection has been removed from Menu in pdf created with office lens???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. PowerPoint presenter slide view

The new version of PowerPoint after 2010 has removed the view of presenter to see the slides at 1 glance on the same presenter view. It only allows for the next slide view. The previous version is very useful when presentation is more fluid and spontaneous.

Create option for the 2 types of presenter view for different uses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide more option to dark mode

In dark mode you provide custom but it can only select 2 which effect the whole system. I hope your provide either by apps or system. For example, you create custom mode for default app or something. Why not you make the custom more choices such as in custom mode: fixe explre or chrome apps or other apps can choose light or dark. Truth to be told i'm very dissapointed with the update. Although i like dark theme, but i dont like the chrome & file explore change to dark. My eyes feel constrain & tired when i see them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. simply can't afford a new computer at this time

My husband passed away on May 5th of this year...56 years young and after a brief battle with cancer he passed away. I am also 56 years old and am disabled and simply cannot buy a new computer. I am grief stricken on a daily basIs and life is difficult. Is there a program that could assist me in any manner to access a new computer? ..I hope that you can help me somehow given my situation,
    Warmest Regards,
    DPS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add markers to the text cursor

ZoomText is a very heavy resources application. I enjoy everything it offers, but I had enough of the lag and system crashes. Try adding a feature to add markers to the text cursor! It helps me figure out where my cursor is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base