Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extend access to Windows 10 for the disabled.

Microsoft should extend free access to Windows 10 for the disabled and give clearer notice of its expiration. There are many disabled who were unaware of the deadline. Windows 10 has additional features for helping disabled persons. In addition, it is clearly in Microsoft's interest to have as many people using Windows 10 as possible.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Using Narrator should be a way to earn points in Microsoft rewards

Microsoft Rewards is a great way to support Microsoft, then have Microsoft support you. Narrator is growing with every new release of Windows 10, and I feel that blind users of other screen readers should try Narrator more often. A good way to facilitate this is by having Narrator usage drive up points in Microsoft Rewards, and perhaps having accessibility-based rewards, like being the next voice in a Microsoft TTS engine, or choosing the next feature to be worked on for Narrator. This would definitely bring more blind people to using Narrator, and expand Microsoft's reach into accessibility and feedback.…

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Microsoft should launch an insider program for testing text-to-speech features and fixes in Cortana and OneCore speech engines

Text-to-speech may never be perfect, but why not make it as perfect as possible? Not everyone uses Text-to-speech, so only a few people will be focusing on those features. I propose that an Insider branch be opened for users to communicate directly with the Text-to-speech team, and for the team to send out features and fixes to be tested and commented on by the users. These users aren't just a few who may upvote this issue, they are plenty who use Narrator, Microsoft ReadAloud, and other assistive technologies which use the Microsoft Speech interfaces. In closing, Windows should not only…

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Make it easier to get help using accessibility modes.

I clicked on help in the contract settings window and was directed to a page for partners and enterprise customers. I just need to know how to invert the contrast style using a keyboard shortcut. I shouldn't have to Google this....

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Creating Kasaragod Malayalam language in windows 10

I would like to share my opinion to install Kasaragod Malayalam language in windows 10. There are many people in my city who doesn't speak english very well mostly elders. I want Kasaragod Malayalam language to be installed because my Mom and Dad are from my native place they don't know to speak or understand english. I just want to show them that computer can clear all their doubts for manythings and daily uses and them using it. And that's my only desire people to use for their every importance and learning. Your company will become the best.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Support Seeing Ai for Windows 10

We know that Narrator doesn't have its own OCR feature, so can you support advanced OCR document feature for PDF files?

Also, it's would be very cool if Seeing AI can identify images/photos in windows 10 operation.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• 6 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Microsoft and a lack of assistive technology hardwares

The biggest challenging for Microsoft is that to create its own assistive technology hardwares, such as braille display device, magniflying machine, etc. I'm not sure it's discriminatory if the company preferred to hire the engineers who can create software apps like Seeing AI, rather than developing hardwares.

In addition, if you look it carefully, Microsoft makes both hardwares and softwares like tablet and apps, so why they haven't made hardwares for customers with disability?

I wanted to know what Jenny thought about this issue.

Note: Jenny, executive director for Microsoft Disability

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Dictionary feature for Narrator

The narrator doesn't support customizing pronunciation feature for specific words. For instance, if narrator pronounces some words incorrectly, Narrator can change the pronunciation in dictionary setting like JAWS and NVDA.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support emojis with screen reader

I heard that from sources claiming that users can use variety of emojis by pressing Windows-key plus period or Windows-key plus semicolon to open the dialogue and choose any emoji that they want it for social media. However, screen readers like Jaws doesn't support this feature. Should you make it accessible?

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add a toggle to echo user's keystrokes in Narrator.

In Windows 10 insider preview 17115.1, Narrator won't echo keys like the arrow keys, tab, shift, control, windows, escape, and many others. Not sure if this is a bug or by design, but would someone tell me if this Narrator behavior will be released along with Windows 10 version 1803? But what is a bug is that typing tabs in notepad, wordpad, and other text editing programs is silent. To reproduce, open your preferred Microsoft text editor, such as notepad or wordpad. Press tab. Notice that Narrator stays silent, but using the arrow keys to move around the text will…

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Multipoint Connectivity for ReSound Linx 3d Hearing Aids and Windows 10 Bluetooth

Please ensure Multipoint Connectivity between WINDOWS 10 and the ReSound Linx 3d Hearing Aids. I wear two and would desperately enjoy being able to listen to music with my children. Currently, with only one connection, I alone get to hear the music or Just the laptop speakers. Both should be able to stream at the same time. The new world of music is open to me now and I cannot share in it properly with my family.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • create an easier way to be reached for people struggling with disability

I have been locked out of my old e-mail, who knows why. And I am struggling reaching anyone to help me. I have a learning disability and you guys have made it very hard/ impossible to call or help me get it back. I have submitted over 10 recovery forms, and none have worked. I am so beyond frustrated.

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Make the packaging easier to get into. The packaging is excessive for a pen that is too difficult to get into.

Make the packaging easier to get into. The packaging is excessive for a pen that is too difficult to get into.
                                Also just a waste of materials. A surface pen does not need that much protection...
                                This might not be the intended purpose of this forum but the tech being accessible is quite an issue if someone can't even get to it.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Get rid of the new outlook mail, bring back the classic version!!!! Now!!!

Was forced this morning to use your new version of Outlook Mail. I am very dissatisfied with it. It is unusable !!! I cannot even read text in the tiny windows I am now forced to use. This is totally unacceptable!!!
                                  Bring back the Classic Version of Outlook Mail to my account NOW or I will be leaving you and telling everyone of my dissatisfaction !!!
                                  BRING BACK THE CLASSIC VERSION NOW !!!!

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • I used to be able to to increase text sizes toolbar File/home/insert/design, etc and macro icon toolbar in order to function

I used to be able to increase text sizes on the toolbar for File/home/insert/design, etc and macro icon toolbar in order to function. I no longer see the feature in Advaned Display Settings. Bring it back.

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • improve accessibility in skype

Make skype more accessible with screen readers. The desktop app is not usable anymore, and I went to remove two versions and couldn't install skype desktop on the PC anymore. The app from the store is usable, but you can't type numbers using the dialpad. Can't sign out of skype either.

5 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • make your very helpful apps available in Norway.

Hello. :-)

I hope apps like Seeing AI and the New Soundscapes-app will be available in Norway soon.
                                        They seem so great. I envy you English talking people.

Tanks. :-)

Greetings from Norway

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add "smart punctuation" to the Windows onscreen keyboard

Typing on the Windows onscreen keyboard is already excruciatingly slow. It is even slower when using text completion with a space after a word and having to click Backspace to insert punctuation. "Smart punctuation" would make it a bit less excruciating. That is, have an option for the backspace to be sent automatically when clicking a punctuation mark, then for instance a space to be sent after a comma. Maybe even an option to capitalize the first letter of sentences. Most keyboard based word prediction programs offer this option, as do better onscreen keyboards.

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 26 27
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base